1. To represent the interests and common objectives of European marketing authorization holders of generic veterinary medicinal products in order to promote an innovative and dynamic generic veterinary medicines industry in Europe, while keeping high quality, safety and efficacy standards.
2. To act as a unified voice taking an active role in the decision-making process of a transparent, harmonized, pragmatic and proportionate regulatory framework for the licensing of veterinary medicinal products in the European Union.
3. To act as a source of information and as a communication body in order to improve the understanding among the stakeholders, i.e. European and national authorities, users of generic veterinary medicinal products and general public.
4. To promote the responsible use of veterinary medicines and to ensure that these are used to the benefit of animals, humans and the environment.
5. To keep EGGVP associate members informed of European regulatory issues, developments and requirements.
6. To organize meetings and seminars for discussion of issues affecting the industry of generic veterinary medicinal products.
7. To offer an European platform of services which are of common interest for EGGVP associate members, and to create a network of opportunities to enhance the presence and growth of generic veterinary medicines.